It's another weekend, and I have finished another book (A Family Daughter, by Maile Meloy -- good, but indefinably odd). I am reluctant to start a new one just yet, and even more reluctant to do more of the homework sitting on my dining room table (spelling tests to be graded), so I turn to my newly created blog.
A is downstairs watching football -- we had a big outing today to replace his front license plate holder at the Infiniti dealer down south, and stopped at our favorite pho place for lunch. We haven't been there since our Intro to Judaism class ended last spring, and it tasted even better than I remembered. Perhaps it will cure the miserable cold and cough I have had all week. It is difficult to teach when you need to stop for five minutes to indulge your hacking. It somehow interrupts the flow -- plus students look at you strangely. It was a strange week anyway, full of special events designed to disrupt the calm order of a regular week. Science Fair takes over the school with judging, displaying and presenting boards, award-giving.....it seemed unending. And next week is only two days, due to Thanksgiving -- and then barely three weeks before holidays again. We just get into the groove before there are new distractions! In any case, fall just flies by, and then spring seems to take so long.
A and I are off to Virginia on Wednesday to have Thanksgiving with his parents and various Russians. W is going home for dinner with the whole clan, all the families we celebrated with when I was little. I am a little jealous -- I've missed out on that for a few years now -- but balancing the whole in-law thing is important, and I definitely won't give up Christmas in Mexico with my parents, so that means having Thanksgiving back East with his. Of course, A might not come to Mexico after all, so so much for balancing holidays! Maybe next year I'll go home.....mmm, pumpkin pie and walks around the block in the rain.
Speaking of rain, it's been insanely wet in Oregon and Washington lately, or so I hear. A big section of Hwy 35, from Hood River up to Mount Hood, has been totally destroyed. I guess no one will make it up skiing for a while -- I hope the resort will manange to survive.
No skiing for us yet, although all the major resorts are open now. Maybe we'll head up after Thanksgiving and get a day in before I head south and start surfing! Now there's a thought to look forward to...... At least it's been steadily sunny here, if only forty or fifty degrees. Days like today remind me why I moved to Colorado.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment