It was kind of a rough start to the week again -- same problems with the same kids -- but today was better. It helped that one af my problem children was absent! Even the littlest things can make such a difference to the atmosphere of the room. E takes over full-time starting on Monday, and I think she is nervous, but she'll do fine. It has been hard just to sit back and watch -- not that she is doing a bad job, not at all. I just keep wanting to jump in and say something, rephrase something, add something. It's almost comical. I guess I'm just used to being in control, leading the class, and it feels strange to be in the backseat, so to speak. But I think I'm learning a lot, too, about what works and why -- things I've been doing for years and haven't really thought much about for a while. So that's kind of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment