Thursday, December 21, 2006

An update


For those of you eagerly following my post and curious about our blizzard, the news is that the snow, although still falling, has slowed considerably, and the wind has died. I shoveled the walk (again) after breakfast, and the walls on either side are past my knees. The snow on top of our recycling bin reaches from my fingertips to my armpit!  It's got to be at least two feet.  School was cancelled again, which means no classes until January 9th when the holiday break is over!

We haven't braved the streets yet -- they look pretty miserable.  Instead we're whiling away the time watching movies, reading, and eating.  The Notorious Bettie Page is a great film, if you're interested, and L'Auberge Espagnole was also a treat, especially if you've ever lived or studied abroad. The airport is still virtually closed, with 75% of flights cancelled, and is predicted not to open until sometime tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers that all will be well by noon on Saturday, when I am scheduled to head south.  I'm glad now that I chose to leave on Saturday instead of Friday!  I thought I was just giving myself a day to rest and pack, but it may have saved my vacation.......

(Notice the differences between my last photo of the back yard, below......check out the table and chairs in particular!)

1 comment:

M said...

Oh! So pretty! Enjoy that extra long vacation and I hope your travels go smoothly.